Thursday, August 12, 2010

THE BLACK DOG

My Black Dog of Depression is howling tonight. He is the Alpha male, leading his pack at night time. They prowl around like roaring lions looking for someone to devour.

I am pursued as prey. I face death and am like a sheep to be slaughtered.

The pack of wild dogs tensely sit back on their haunches, ready to pounce.

Then I cry out to the Lord. “Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed”.

He answers me. “Because you love me, I will rescue you. I will protect you for you acknowledge my name. You call upon me and I will answer you. I will be with you in trouble.”

The Lord then covers me with his feathers, and under his wings I find refuge; his faithfulness is my shield. He quiets me with his love, he rejoices over me with singing.

And the dogs retreat.


1 Peter 5; Psalm 44; Romans 8: Psalm 57; Psalm 97; Zephaniah 3

No comments:

Post a Comment