Thursday, August 12, 2010

THE DESERT

Inspired by Psalm 119

I am laid low in the dust. Only desert surrounds me.
Alone and desolate, I am far from the path
In this barren landscape, my body is decaying.
My soul is weary with sorrow but my tears no longer fall.

I call to you “When will your comfort me?”
My heart and flesh cry out. My soul faints with longing for your presence.

May you hear my plea O Lord.
Let your unfailing love draw near.
Strengthen me and preserve my life.
Breathe life into my dry bones.

Open the floodgates of heaven and pour out your compassion.
Let your streams burst forth.
Become in me a spring of water welling up to eternal life.

Save me for I am yours.
Let me live that I may praise you.
May I sing of your goodness and rejoice in your salvation.
I put my hope in your word.

No comments:

Post a Comment